lifestyle

Slow Burn

As a SoCal girl, I grew up on the beach and in the sun. We spent the summer days lolling in the sand and lathering on the Ban de Soleil. In those days we certainly weren’t aware of the potential risk of skin cancer. It was all about “who has the best tan”!  Let’s face it, tan looks healthy, right?!!

The CDC says that skin cancer is the most common type of cancer. Here are a few tips for protecting your skin while you are at the beach, on the course, skiing (particularly in the high altitude and sunny days of Colorado) or just being outside.

Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Apply it before you head outside and reapply every few hours and sooner if you will be in the water.  Ideally, my dermatologist says I should apply it every morning after my normal skin care routine.  She also loves the idea of putting it on the back of your hands.  I love SkinCeuticals Sun Screen because it doesn’t feel slimy or thick.  Another fave here.

Cover exposed areas.  Wear a hat or visor – wide brimmed hats are stylish and add protection – and limit the time when skin is exposed. There are many swimsuits and shirts that have some UV protection. Wear sunglasses – I love big glasses.

Have your PCP do regular skin checks.  If you are suspicious about a mole or have seen texture or color changes, seek out a Dermatologist.

You don’t have to avoid heading outside, just take a few precautions.  Enjoy a great summer!

24 Comments

1. quest bars cheap

June 14, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how
    could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me
    a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

2. gamefly free trial

June 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Remarkable things here. I am very satisfied to peer your article.
    Thank you so much and I’m having a look forward to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

3. Bovenaan in Google

June 5, 2019 at 5:15 am

I truly wanted to write a brief note so as to say thanks to you for the stunning secrets you are sharing here. My extensive internet investigation has at the end of the day been paid with pleasant suggestions to share with my friends and family. I would repeat that we readers actually are unequivocally blessed to live in a very good network with many brilliant individuals with very helpful techniques. I feel somewhat grateful to have encountered your entire webpages and look forward to some more pleasurable minutes reading here. Thank you once more for everything.

1. Rosanna

June 5, 2019 at 11:22 am

Hello,
      Your comment was very kind and supportive, which I greatly appreciate! You really just made my day. Thank you so much for being a reader and taking the time to comment.
      Rosanna

4. gamefly free trial

June 3, 2019 at 4:36 pm

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I
    provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here.

Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Thanks a lot!

5. gamefly free trial

June 3, 2019 at 5:07 am

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Many thanks

6. gamefly free trial

May 31, 2019 at 10:52 pm

I for all time emailed this website post page to all my friends,
    for the reason that if like to read it after that my
    links will too.

7. how to get help in windows 10

May 30, 2019 at 9:34 am

Hey! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you
    know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
    I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share.

With thanks!

8. gamefly free trial

May 29, 2019 at 6:38 am

Actually when someone doesn’t understand after that its up to other visitors that they will assist, so
    here it occurs.

1. Rosanna

May 29, 2019 at 8:03 am

Vida,
      I appreciate you being a reader and taking time to comment. Have a lovely day.
      Rosanna

9. gamefly free trial

May 29, 2019 at 3:36 am

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be
    on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly
    get irked while people think about worries that they plainly
    don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole
    thing without having side-effects , people could take
    a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

1. Rosanna

May 29, 2019 at 8:29 am

Kristofer,
      I agree. Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I appreciate you being a reader.
      Rosanna

10. how to get help in windows 10

May 28, 2019 at 3:55 am

What i do not realize is if truth be told how you are not actually
    much more neatly-liked than you might be now. You are so intelligent.
    You understand therefore significantly in terms of this subject, made me in my opinion imagine it from a lot of various angles.
    Its like men and women don’t seem to be involved unless it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga!
    Your individual stuffs great. Always care for it
    up!

1. Rosanna

May 28, 2019 at 8:07 am

Rebekah,
      HA! Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate the support. I hope you continue to enjoy the information!
      Rosanna

11. minecraft download mojang

May 16, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your put up is simply spectacular and i could suppose
    you’re an expert on this subject. Fine along with your permission allow
    me to snatch your feed to stay updated with drawing close
    post. Thank you a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

1. Rosanna

May 16, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Hello,
      Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I appreciate you being a reader and showing support. Have a wonderful day!
      Rosanna

2. Rosanna

May 19, 2019 at 9:13 am

Hello,
      Thank you! I am happy you found the information helpful and enjoyed the article. I appreciate you being a reader and taking time to comment and show support
      Rosanna

12. download minecraft pc

May 6, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Great article, totally what I wanted to find.

1. Rosanna

May 6, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Erik,
      I am glad you were able to find what you needed on my blog. Thank you for taking time to comment.
      Rosanna

13. gamefly free trial

May 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you
    do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and
    clear your mind prior to writing. I’ve had a difficult time
    clearing my mind in getting my ideas out. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15
    minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any recommendations or tips? Many thanks!

1. Rosanna

May 4, 2019 at 8:36 am

Jed,
      Gosh, I don’t know that I have a “structure” for my blogging time. I normally pick my topic and proceed with research and then writing. There are times when I don’t write as smoothly as I would like…..
      I appreciate you taking time to comment.
      Rosanna

14. gamefly

May 3, 2019 at 12:29 am

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d
    ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    My blog covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

1. Rosanna

May 3, 2019 at 8:01 am

Archer,
      I LOVE the idea. What is your area of expertise? Do you have a blog I can read?
      Please let me know.
      Rosanna

15. gamefly

May 2, 2019 at 2:57 am

I read this post fully about the difference of latest and preceding technologies, it’s remarkable article.