health, New Face of 60, SUPER AGERS, WELLNESS, WORKLIFE

SAY YES TO MUCH LESS!

Are you over scheduling your life? Do you find yourself completely worn out at the end of the day?

Most of us are raising our hands at this point, right?! We tend to take care of OTHER peoples needs before our own. Now, let’s be reasonable, I’m not talking about taking care of the kids (or fur babies). These littles need their food and love……although there are times when I could be doing something else. Just kidding.
No, I’m talking about all of the “other/outside” things. People that suck up our time. Emails that cleverly lure us into learning about that fabulous seminar coming next week or, that one thing we need thats on the next page. Before you know it, our calendars are full of things we don’t really want to do and we wonder why we’ve run out of time for ourselves!
We end up saying “sure….absolutely” to others and “flat out NO” to ourselves.

But what about the people that need you? People you look after in your everyday life…your spouse, partner, parents, siblings, friends, whomever…
Consider this – if you are exhausted and trying to take care of others you are not giving them the best of yourself! What naturally happens next is resentment that builds up into TOTAL PSYCHO NUTJOB behavior at lightening speed (you know who you are, right? I know you know what I’m saying:)

The SUPERHERO thing is alive and well.

Here’s the thing….BIG memo here. You don’t have to do it all AND you don’t have to do it perfectly! There I said it. It may appear that everyone else is doing everything and doing it darn well…..they’re not. It’s a little mis-perception….an evil trick played on you by your mind. Don’t believe it.
When life comes at you (and it will) and the shit hits the fan, you need to be rested and strong enough to get through it.

So, eat well and recharge while you can and if the thing or person asking for your time is not an ABSOLUTE YES, don’t do it. PERIOD. Take that time and do something that feeds your soul.

Try saying YES to less time spent doing things you don’t want to do. Try saying YES to dropping those things/relationships that add stress to your life. Be patient….research tells us that it takes 30 days to form a new habit. Give yourself that time.

And while learning this healthy new habit …..say your “nos” in a nice way, of course. Do not be a bi_ch. This is an obvious point…..but, just wanted to make sure we were clear here…..

AGING BACKWARDS,

10 Comments

1. quest bars cheap

August 24, 2019 at 10:45 am

I relish, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

2. quest bars cheap

August 24, 2019 at 7:21 am

I am not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my
    mission.

3. quest bars cheap

August 24, 2019 at 12:07 am

Wow, this piece of writing is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to let know her.

4. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Hello I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you
    by accident, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Anyways
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all
    round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at
    the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do
    keep up the fantastic work.

5. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Today, I went to the beach with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but
    I had to tell someone!

6. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Peculiar article, just what I needed.

7. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest
    authoring on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same
    topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors
    would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

8. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I’m curious to find out what blog system you have been working with?
    I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest site and I would like to find
    something more safe. Do you have any solutions?

9. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Definitely consider that that you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the web the simplest factor to take into accout
    of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries
    that they just do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the
    highest and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be back to
    get more. Thank you

10. quest bars cheap

August 23, 2019 at 12:42 pm

I like reading an article that will make people think. Also, many thanks for allowing me
    to comment!